Finding healthy desserts can be a challenge. Healthy desserts that double as a BREAKFAST food are unicorns! I have served this dip to guests, eaten it as a breakfast, and convinced my picky daughter that it is a treat (win!). If you are looking for the perfect way to use up that container of cottage cheese, this is it!
Cottage Cheese Fruit Dip
I could go on forever about the benefits of cottage cheese, but for now, appreciate this tangy, sweet treat!
- 3/4 cup cottage cheese chilled (best if you can find smooth, not chunky!!)
- stevia to taste (or ~2 tsp honey)
- 2 tsp grated orange or lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup of berries (or fruit of choice)
Combine the cottage cheese, honey, orange zest, and vanilla in a food processor and process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl. (Cottage cheese mixture can be made a few days ahead and stored in the fridge.)
Dip berries in whipped mixture or chop berries and stir them in.
Recipe counts as: