Who doesn’t love pasta?! I could eat it every day, honestly. While zucchini noodles are wonderful, I use Catellli Bistro tri-colour penne pasta for this easy-to-adapt recipe. This could also be made with whole wheat pasta, rice noodles, zoodles, or your own personal preference!
Pasta is perfect for any occasion! Whether you're meal prepping, cooking for a crowd, or trying to please picky children, this recipe has you covered!
- 4 oz dry whole wheat ziti or penne pasta, cooked
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 10-oz. bag raw baby spinach
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- ½ cup diced onions
- ¼ cup finely chopped basil leaves
- ½ tsp sea salt or Himalayan salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 dash crushed red pepper flakes optional
- 3 cups cottage cheese OR 1 1/2 cups cottage cheese and 1 1/2 cups cooked ground turkey
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375
- Saute onions in olive oil until tender. Stir in garlic for one minute. Add spinach, tomatoes, and basil. Season to preference (I added smoked paprika, salt, pepper, and pepper flakes).
- Combine spinach mixture and pasta with cottage cheese (and opt ground turkey). Mix well. Pour into a greased 9x13 baking dish. Optionally, top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Baked covered in foil for 35 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes.
Recipe counts as:
❤??? (optional ?)
Nutrition information calculated with whole wheat pasta.